Narowal is a city in the north-east of the Punjab province of Pakistan. The city is the capital of Narowal District and tehsil,The city is situated at the bank of Ravi River about 4-5 km from the Indian border.
According to a legend, town Narowal was founded by one Baba Naro Bajwa 900 years ago.
During British Rule Narowal was a town of the Raya Tehsil of Sialkot District, after independence from Britain in 1947 Narowal became tehsil headquarters – in 1991 the district of Sialkot was bifurcated, Narowal then became the capital of the newly formed Narowal District.
About 500 years ago in the era of Sikandar Lodhi in the year 1488, Hindus belonging to the Aror tribe of District Multan embraced Islam in the hands of Habibullah Shah, a saint of the area. Nar Singh of the said tribe met Shah Shamash Tabraiz as per direction of the said saint. Nar Singh wanted to build a new city and requested Shah Shamash Tabraiz to pray for the completion of his desire. Shah Shamash Tabraiz sent his own son along with said Nar Singh towards Narowal. The tribe of said Nar Singh stationed permanently in the vicinity of Narowal. Later on the city gradually came to be known as Narowal.
The total area of the district is approximately 2,337 square kilometres. Prior to the creation of Zafarwal Tehsil in July 2009, Narowal Tehsil occupied 1,065 square kilometres while the remaining area (1,272 square kilometres) fell in Shakargarh Tehsil. According to the 1998 census of Pakistan, Narowal District’s population was 1,256,097, of which only 12.11% were urban.
The district is bounded on the northwest by Sialkot District, on the north by Kathua district ofJammu and Kashmir, on the southeast by the contested Pathankot tehsil of Gurdaspur district (Republic of India), on the south by Amritsar district (Republic of India) and on the southwest by Sheikhupura District in Pakistan.
1. Amir e Millat Hazrat Pir Syed Jamaat Ali Shah Sahib quds-sirruhu (c. 1840–1951) of Alipur Sharif, Narowal, Pakistan
2. Charagh-Ul-Auliya Hazroor Qibla Aalam Al-Haaj Pir Syed Mohammad Charagh Ali Shah.(R.A).]Walton Shareef Lahore Panjab,Pakistan.(Pir Of MURARAA Shareef).
3. Hazrat Qibla Aalam Hafiz Peer Syed Irshad Husain Shah Murarvi R.A(Pir Hafiz Jee Sarkar Murara Shareef Zafarwal).
4. Sahibzada Peer Syed Saeed Ul Hassan Shah.Ex MPA (Minister Of Religious Affairs And Auqaf Panjab).
5. Sahibzada Peer Syed Faiz Ul Hassan Shah. (Pir Faizi Shah Murara Shareef).
6. Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Urdu poet from the village of Kala Qadir
7. Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Longest serving Parliamentarian from 1951 to 1999.
8. Dr. Tahir Ali Javed, Ex Health Minister and Special Education Minister (Punjab), Head of Unification Bloc, MPA
9. Dr. Naimat Ali Javed, Ex District Nazim Narowal, Heavy Water Nuclear Scientist,
10. N.A. Javed, Director of Directorate of Quality Assurance (DQA). Chagai-I
11. Ahsan Iqbal, MNA Narowal.
12. The Anand siblings Chetan Anand, Dev Anand, Vijay Anand and Sheela Kant Kapur, mother of Shekhar Kapur, children of Pishori Lal Anand an advocate.
1. Narowal Information Technology University Narowal (A Project of Col.(R) Javaid Safdar Kahlon Ex. District Nazim District Narowal)
2. Government High School Narowal
3. Government Muslim High School Narowal
4. Government College of Commerce Narowal
5. Government Islamia Degree College (for Boys) Narowal
6. Government Muslim Girls College Narowal
7. Government College for Elementary Teachers Narowal
8. Vocational Training Institute, Narowal
9. Technical Institute Narowal
10. Government Muslim Girls High School Narowal
1. Ahmad Model School Narowal
2. Narowal Public School Narowal
3. Massali cadet science secendary school narowal
4. Jandha public school narowal
5. Haroon public school narowal
6. asfand kalian da school narowal
7. Minhaj Ul Quran Model School & Tahfiz Ul Quran Institute Narowal
8. St. John’s High School Narowal
9. The Punjab Public School Narowal
10. Jamal-u-Din Trust High School Narowal
11. Shahid City Public School Narowal
12. Sir Syed Joiner Model School Narowal
13. The Pakistan Foundation School Narowal
14. FK Middle School Sankhatra
15. The Educators Narowal Campus
16. Punjab group of college Narowal
1. Sialkot College of Commerce
2. Standard College of Commerce
3. Pakistan College of Commerce
4. National College of Commerce
5. Lahore College of Commerce
6. Leaders College of Commerce
7. Narowal College of Commerce
8. shaheryar college of commerce
9. ali quaid e azam college of commerce
10. kalay khan da college of commerce
1. Narowal Tehsil
2. Shakargarh Tehsil
1. Sughra Shafi Medical Complex – Established by Sahara for Life Trust
2. District Headquarter Hospital
3. Tehsil Headquarter Hospital
4. sarwar hospital narowal
5. shukar din hospital narowal
6. ali hospital narowal
7. almustafa hospital narowal
8. amina hospital narowal
9. alhayat hospital narowal
10. Dr. Shafiq Medical Complex, Chowk Zafarwal Bypass, Narowal
1. City Narowal
3. Saddar Narowal
4. Rayya Khas
1. Saddar Shakargarh
2. Noor Kot
3. Kot Naina
4. Chak Amro
5. City Shakargarh
6. Shah Gharib
2. Laiser Kalan
1. HUBCO POWER PLANT (Pajowali) to set up 225 MW plant at NAROWAL
2. SPORTS COMPLEX IN DISTRICT NAROWAL
3. CONSTRUCTION OF DHQ HOSPITAL NAROWAL
4. UP-GRADATION OF THQ HOSPITAL SHAKARGARH.
5. CONSTRUCTION OF GYMNASIUM AT NAROWAL
6. UPGRADATION OF SPORTS GROUND AT NAROWAL
7. CONSTRUCTION OF GOVT. POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE AT NAROWAL.
8. ESTABLISHMENT OF EMERGENCY SERVICE (RESCUE 1122) AT NAROWAL.
9. CONSTRUCTION OF DISTRICT JAIL NAROWAL
10. CONST. / IMPROVEMENT OF DUAL CARRIAGE WAY FROM BAJLI GHAR TO DISTRICT COMPLEX VIA JASSAR BYE PASS NAROWAL.
11. WINDING / IMPROVEMENT OF NAROWAL-SHAKARGARH ROAD.
12. CONST. OF ROAD FROM NAROWAL TO LAHORE VIA BADDOMALHI, NARANG, SHAHDRA.
13. SUSTAINABALE LIVELIHOODS IN BARANI AREAS PROJECT DISTRICT NAROWAL
14. ESTABLISHMENT OF GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE TARKHANA MUREEDA (RS. 200 M PACKAGE)
15. DISTRICT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2009-10
© All photos, graphics and material on this site remain the copyright of District Court Lahore and should not be downloaded without prior agreement